Wednesday 21 March 2007

MICE


A few people have approached me for advice about mice just recently. Now the weather is getting colder and wetter our furry friends are finding warmer nests and are coming in from the gardens. These nests appear to be in houses mainly but I have had one person ask me how to get rid of mice that have made their home in the dashboard of the family car.

He first had a suspicion something wasn’t quite right when he switched the heater fan on. Every time this happened a handful of chewed up sound proofing material would fly out of the air vent and float around the inside of the car. Now I don’t want to be an alarmist but mice generally never live alone, they usually have rather a large extended family close at hand. Bearing this in mind they might not be the easiest pests to remove. If poison is put down then there might be more coming out of the air vent than material especially if the dead mice can’t be found.

Children travel in the car so poison isn’t an option. I suggested fumigation but the mice would probably find fresh air from somewhere. Other than that, the only other method we could think of was to get a sonar pest remover. These omit a high-pitched screech that is supposed to scare the rodents off. We’ll keep you posted, in the meantime if your interested, I know of a cheap family car that has just come on the market!

BAD AD-MICE (OR MICE-INFORMATION)
I was also asked for ideas to get rid of mice from a hot press. Sometimes I might not give the best advise though as I realised later. So if the woman did buy an air rifle on my recommendation then I apologise for misinforming her. I have had reports since that mice move very quickly. Add the fact that they are very small which makes them very difficult to shoot. And also, clothes can get very badly damaged when shot at close range with a .22 air rifle!


Environmental,horticultural.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails