Sunday 16 December 2007

OPEN DAY


Inishowen Gardening and Equipment Open Day
Inishowen ATV (All Terrain vehicles) & Garden equipment in Shandrum had their open day on Saturday. A fun time was had by all and there were some very interesting products on display. There were a couple that especially caught my eye. The first was the new decking that they have in stock from America. The planks are made from recycled wood and recycled plastic and the result is a smooth, non-slip hardwearing surface. I know a lot of people that are put off decking because they think it will be slippy when the wood is wet. This material seems to actually get less slippy when water is on it. The company that manufacturers the decking is called Trex and it’s definitely worth a look.

The other thing that caught my attention was a wheelbarrow called the Wheel Easy. I had a play with it and found it very useful. The centre of gravity is 50% lower than a conventional barrow so it’s very stable when there is a load in it. The whole thing folds away by removing one bolt and it is made out of a hardwearing material that is very difficult to tear. The advantage of this design is that you can simply roll large stones onto it without having to lift them. When I first saw this barrow I wondered why I had never thought of it myself. It’s the simple designs that are the best and this one works

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails