Friday 27 April 2007

A PRICELESS THING- POEM


I cannot buy it at the shop
Or purchase it on ebay.
You cannot wrap it up for me
And save it for my birthday.
This precious thing is priceless
And up there with the best
Of every special moment spent
At work or play or rest.
It’s hard to find the adjective
Or perfect turn of phrase
That best portrays the magic of
Endless summer days.
And moments snatched from stressful life
To mow the moss and rushes
That thrive on my beloved lawn,
That sweeps among the bushes.
The company of ancient rocks
While listening to the birds,
Or willing life for younger trees,
With tender coaxing words.
Just standing there and breathing in
The healing peace, the calm,
The joy that comes with feeling
That I know now who I am -
A lady with a passion and
I do not seek your pardon
For enjoying the simple pleasure
Of my Inishowen garden.

Thanks to Annette McNelis, Buncrana


Horticultural.


No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails