Sunday 11 May 2008

WISDOM OF THE WORLD - WEEK 16


A Contemporary Folktale

A businessman needing to attend a conference in a faraway city decided to travel on country roads rather than the motorways so he could enjoy a relaxing journey. After some hours of travelling he realised he was hopelessly lost. Seeing a farmer tending his field on the side of the road, he stopped to ask for directions. “Can you tell me how far it is to Chicago?” he asked the farmer. “Well, I don’t rightly know,” the farmer replied.

“Well, can you tell me how far I am from New York?” the businessman questioned again. “Well, I don’t rightly know,” the farmer again replied. “Can you at least tell me the quickest way to the main road?” the exasperated businessman asked. “No, I don’t rightly know,” the farmer again answered.

“You really don’t know very much at all, do you?” blurted the impatient businessman. “Nope, but I ain’t lost.” The farmer calmly answered.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails