Tuesday 18 December 2007

ME AND MY MOTOR-TRUDY MCLAUGHLIN








This week we are in Carndonagh talking to Trudy McLaughlin from the Inishowen Community Radio Station. Trudy loves her job and has worked for the station for six years, which is only a year less then the station has been on the air. Her show is on between 9 and 11 am on Monday and Wednesday’s. At the weekend Trudy is extremely busy preparing Christmas trees for sale to the public from her fathers home in Church Brae in Greencastle. Her 2002 Peugeot 307 is just the car for getting the trees to customers before the big day.

How long have you had the car?
Two years last November. I had a green Daewoo Lanos before this one. I chose a gold car this time because I am a Donegal supporter!

Any plans to change?
Yes, I might go for another gold car next, but it will have two green stripes down it to go all the way with my support for the team.

What is the story about the broken wing mirrors?
I parked overnight in Moville recently as I had a drink in the pub. When I collected it in the morning on the Malin road the wing mirrors had been smashed. New ones are on my list from Santa!

Is the car reliable?
It is really reliable. It even works without antifreeze, water and even oil! I took it into the garage recently and the mechanic couldn’t believe that it was still running without any lubrication in the engine.

Best thing about the car?
I love the automatic lights, they are light sensitive and go on and off without human intervention. The Lanos had a beeper to warn me of the lights but I still managed to leave them on. The car tends to switch the indicators on automatically too, but I think that might be a bit of a fault.

How often does it get a wash?
When I do an interview for the Inish Times.

What would you do to help motorists given the chance?
I would pay learner drivers to have a professional driving instructor for lessons before they were allowed onto the roads.

What would you really like to be driving around in?
A self-cleaning car, preferably that does the driving too.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails