Wednesday 28 November 2007

ME AND MY MOTOR-MARION MCDONALD






Cllr Marion McDonald from Moville is in the motoring spotlight this week. Marion is a tireless campaigner for improvements in green issues on the peninsula. She is involved with the Tidy Towns group and is presently campaigning for more bins to be provided in the town as well as introducing effective by-laws to clean up the doggy doo that covers the pavements. Marion is driving a 2006 Daihatsu Terios


How long have you had the car?
One and a half years. I bought it new. I always buy my cars from Michael Doherty in the town. I used to drive Fiats but now I drive Daihatsu, as Michael is the main dealer.

Any plans to change?
No, I am very happy with the car that I have.

Is it reliable?
Very reliable. The only time it sees the garage is when it goes in for a service. I stick to the recommended service intervals. I need a reliable car for the work that I do. I clock up a lot of miles going to meetings around the country. I was in Wicklow this week at a conference about the Parnell Summer School, and next month sees the start of more and more meetings, so reliability is very important.

Are you in a breakdown service?
No, I don’t feel that I need to be. If I did have any trouble with the car (like I did with a Fiat Punto once) Michael came straight out and fixed the problem. He is my best friend when it comes to cars!

What is the best thing about the car?
I love the high driving position. It makes me feel safer on the road as I can see obstacles better.

How often do you wash it?
It gets a good wash every week at the carwash.

How would you help motorists given the chance?
Although reducing tax is the usual answer I feel that this money is necessary, so I would recommend reducing the actual cost of the car instead.

What would you really like to be driving around in?
I must confess that a car really means nothing to me! It isn’t high on my list of priorities, as long as it gets me from A to B I don’t care what I am driving. The only thing I know about the car is when it needs to be filled up with petrol!

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails