Wednesday 28 November 2007

ANNUAL VISIT

Nora is always good for a laugh



Paul left us this week to travel back to his homeland (England). He wanted to get back in time to see his youngest lad perform in the school nativity play. Willem, his son is only eight years old but finds himself typecast in the acting world. This is his third year of being a camel. He’s fine about this and says he’s not taking the hump (groan!)

I took advantage of Paul going home by jumping in the back of his estate car with my youngest lad and headed off to do my annual visiting in England. I am catching up with the gossip with friends of mine that also have children, which saves me having to apologise all the time for sticky fingerprints on the woodwork. My friends Rick and Karen Ann have themselves a house, which backs onto a mature, natural woodland. It’s owned by the council and is in need of some serious maintenance, there is a lot of dead wood to be taken out and as far as I can see there are very few new trees coming along to replace those that are dying. I’m itching to get in there with a chainsaw, but have to keep telling myself that I’m on holiday.

Christmas is coming
Nativity plays, late night shopping and hangovers are on the agenda over the next few weeks. There are plenty of distractions and excuses to keep gardeners from their gardens, and that’s without mentioning the weather! However, a few minutes in the garden could be exactly what you need to bring a little sanity into the hectic Christmas period. It’s also a good place to hide to get a break from all those festive jobs!

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails