Saturday 5 May 2007

ME AND MY MOTOR- MARIE BROWN

















(Click on the title for a link to Foyle Womans aid)




This week Marie Brown steps into the motoring spotlight. Marie is the area co-ordinator for Foyle Womens Aid. This organisation covers a range of services for women and children suffering from domestic violence.


Name : Marie Brown
Car: 2005 Ford Tdi Zetec Fiesta



How long have you had the car?
I bought it new two years ago.



Any plans to change?
Maybe next year.



Is it reliable?
Yes, very. I need a reliable car because I drive to meetings around the country. It is one of the main reasons that I buy new and change them before any problems start.



Best thing about the car?
Very good fuel economy with the diesel engine with no loss of power from the lively Zetec engine.



How often do you wash it?
My children are both away studying but when they come home at the end of term I get them to do it. So it’s at least fout times a year! I do keep the insides clean though as loose items can be a distraction.



If you were the minister for finance what would you sdo to help motorists?
I experience a lot of parking problems in towns and cities, sometines it is easier to catch a taxi. I would like to see more public transport .



What would you really like to be driving around in?
My friend has a 5 series BMW which has the comforts and refinement I would like in a car. I find parking a bit of an issue though so I like the thought of all of the big car refinements such as sat nav and remote sensor parking to be put into a small sports car. It would have to be brightly coloured and with global warming having an effect, I wouldn’t say no to a convertible!



Motoring.


No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails