Friday 16 November 2007

ME AND MY MOTOR-ROSE MCCARRON


























It was love at first sight for Rose McCarron when she first set eyes on her Chrysler Crossfire 3.2 litre coupe. Rose who lives in Buncrana and works at The Mortgage Shop in the town has always been interested in eye-catching motors ever since her first car, a sports Mini. Rose has driven some lovely cars since then, but feels that none of them comes close to the exhilaration and driving pleasure of the Crossfire.

How long have you had the car?
I bought it about a year ago. I was in the dealer’s showroom looking at a Jeep when I spotted the car. I had never seen a Crossfire before and knew that it was the car for me. The car had only done about 2000 miles and still had that wonderful new car smell.

Any plans to change?
Not in the near future although if someone made me an offer I couldn’t refuse…!

Is it reliable?
Very reliable. I wouldn’t have cared if it wasn’t though, as getting the crossfire was emotionally based rather than a decision made on the manufacturers’ claims of reliability. The heart definitely ruled the head when it came to buying this car!

Best (and worst) things about the car?
I get a great deal of pleasure driving and owning the car so I like nothing better than taking it down to Pit Stop Tyres and getting it thoroughly cleaned. It’s wonderful to see the paintwork gleam before the dust settles on it again. I love the heated seats on cold mornings too! The only drawback with the car is the petrol consumption. But as I don’t do high mileage, that isn’t too much of an issue.

What would you do to help motorists given the chance?
Reduce tax on buying motors from over the border. The VRT is the biggest bugbear when buying a car.

Are there any other cars that you would like to be driving?
I think the Jaguar XK8 is a fantastic car. I have always had a soft spot for the Austin Healey two-seater sports cars too. Either one would do!

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails