Monday 9 April 2007

NAP TIME




During hot weather, I don’t know about you, but I find the thought of taking an afternoon nap very appealing. Continental sleeping patterns are to get up really early before the heat of the day, work for a while, sleep in the afternoon when the sun is high, then do a bit more when things cool down. It makes real sense and to confirm this you only have to look at some of the people in history who advocated the same feelings. Salvador Dali, Einstein, Napoleon, Winston Churchill and JF Kennedy, all enjoyed a nap in the afternoon. They recognised the need to get their heads down and get the rest they needed. Most of us do not do this because we feel that work isn’t being done. Even if you are an employer, this method of recharging the batteries could be beneficial. The thought of your staff taking a nap break seems counter productive, but this thought is changing. If you think about it, a nap is a corporate perk that will keep the staff happy and cost the employer nothing. I used to take naps when I worked in an office. The only problem was that I was a bit ahead of my time and I used to wake myself up when I found myself dribbling over the paperwork!



TOP EXCUSES IF FOUND ASLEEP AT YOUR DESK


Don’t despair if you are caught napping at work. Here are a few excuses you can give your boss if you are caught having forty winks (I hold no responsibility if they do not work!)

“Would you believe it? Come in at 6 in the morning and look what happens!”

“The people at the blood donor centre told me that this might happen.”

“Oh, hello, I was trying to pick up my contact lens without my hands.”

“Whew! I left the top off the Tippex!”

“I was doing a highly specific yoga exercise to relieve work related stress. Do you discriminate against people who practice yoga”?

“The coffee machine is broken....

“My Life Coach recommends a power nap for increased efficiency…”

Environmental.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails