Sunday 12 April 2009

5 MINUTES WITH - JAMES LAVELLE


James is originally from Trim in County Meath and has recently set up his popular new business JR Motors on the Elaghbeg Industrial Estate in Bridgend. He has been involved with all things mechanical for years and has had experience in plant machinery as well as cars. His garage does complete NCT/MOT and diagnostics and is well situated for customers both sides of the border. He also does 24 hour breakdown and recovery service.

James is also involved with a health product company called Synergy Worldwide. This company offers three top products that have been proved to offer health benefits like aiding digestive systems, improving blood circulation, boosting vitality and increasing sexual performance……If you would like more information on either of James’s businesses, you can contact him on 086 8894290


What music are you listening to at the moment?
I like to listen to happy music, no gloomy stuff. I listen to Hector and Tommy Tiernan, I am not sure what radio station they are. The radio was tuned into the station when I took over the workshop.

What book are you reading?
How to win the Lotto……not really. Most of my reading is on dockets and bills.

What was your favourite childhood game?
Hide and seek. I always preferred to hide…and they still haven’t found me.

Have you been to the cinema recently, what did you see and was it any good?
Slumdog Millionaire. It’s about a Mumbai teenager who grew up in the slums, becomes a contestant on the Indian version of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?” He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated, events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers. It’s very good.

What section of the newspaper do you turn to first?
I go straight to the horoscopes. I take an interest in them because my father was the seventh son of the seventh son. He could cure migraines and ringworm. They were his specialities. I didn’t find this out until after he died.

What would you never throw away?
My knowledge and my hiding place… maybe that should read, “Give away.”

Most embarrassing moment of your life?
I was in a film, shot in Trim, called Fatal Deviation. It has the dubious honour of being Ireland’s first full-length martial arts film starring James Bennett who is now Jean Claude Van Damme’s stunt double. None of us had names. Mike Graham from Boyzone was in it too. It was put straight to video and the full-length film is now on Youtube. It’s so bad it’s becoming a bit of a cult film.

Favourite TV programme?
Mega Machines on the Discovery channel.

What job did you want to do when you were a child?
I wanted to be President at one stage but then fancied being a mechanic instead.

Where was your best holiday and what made it special?
I was in Australia a few years ago, it’s the best place in the world “There’s no stress in Auz mate.” My sister got married there and I went over for a three-week holiday. I stayed for over a year. I travelled all over and made loads of friends. I also met Steve Irwin, which was a big thrill.

What famous people would you invite around for dinner and why?
The Irish Rugby Team… They did us proud.

What would you do for a special treat?
I would get on a plane and go to somewhere hot.

Favourite animal?
A Golden Retriever dog. I have always wanted one but they take a lot of looking after.

Biggest thrill?
Working with Mel Gibson in Braveheart. We were filming around Trim castle in Meath. I gave up my job in the fire service to be Mel’s security man. There were four of us with him at all times and we more or less saw the whole film being made. The Irish, English and Scottish armies were all the same blokes and everyone in Trim were in the film somewhere as extras. It put the castle on the map and is now a great tourist attraction.

Biggest Challenge?
To win the Lotto…

What was the best present you ever got?
My laptop, I couldn’t be without it for diagnosing engine problems in the garage.

What was the last thing you bought just for yourself?
A casual jacket. I just needed one.

What charity would you support?
Cancer research and the guide dogs as well as anything local.

The world’s most useful invention?
The mobile phone. I use it for everything.

Best birthday present?
When I was with the fire service I went on a trip to New York on my birthday for the St Patrick’s Day celebrations. It was magical.

Favourite past-time?
Having a few pints and I still go to the odd club.

Which period in history would you most like to have lived through?
Around the 1100-1200 AD period when Trim castle was at it’s height.

What do you have for breakfast?
I start with coffee and toast, then get out the Synergy products. I have small measures of the Chlorophyll liquid then take some ProArgi 9 and then a small glass of Boost, which is packed full of Brazilian Acai berries. The products are proven to build immune systems and give me energy for the day ahead.

Do you have a favourite cartoon character?
Daffy Duck. "you’re despicable."

What was your first paid job?
I earned £100 a week as a digger driver. I worked for nothing on the farm for years before that. I started aged around 7 cutting silage.

Best/worst household chore?
They are not chores… they are all good.

What is the worst piece of advice you have been given?
Treat them mean and keep them keen……It doesn’t work ……

Personal philosophy?
If at first you don’t succeed, try try again.


No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails