Tuesday 11 December 2007

HOOKED


HOOKED ON GARDENING QUESTIONS

I am all in a quandary. It all started about three weeks ago when the weather turned colder. I thought I could compensate for outside gardening pursuits by joining forum pages on gardening websites. I could still immerse myself in the world of horticulture and not get cold or muddy. All well and good you might say, if you just stick to one website forum. I have joined six of them now and I am totally hooked! I can ask any gardening question and within minutes there are loads of answers from knowledgeable gardeners from around the world (There are some daft ones too of course!). I can even answer a few queries too. I didn’t realise just how much I was getting hooked on these sites until two things happened.

Number one, Julie referred to herself as a technology widow to a friend of hers (ouch!). Number two the broadband connection that delivers all of this glorious information to my screen has disappeared. What to do? I was forced to find other forms of entertainment. I did a bit of housework and actually talked to the rest of the family in between meals. I also ventured out into the real garden that I had forgotten existed and did a bit of tidying. Not too much mind you as I am a big believer in leaving all of the old dead stems of the perennials intact to allow for insects to over winter and for the birds to feed off of the seed heads. I did clear the paths though as I don’t care for wet stems tickling my legs as I go out to get the coal.

GARDENING FORUM
I have this great novelty on my blog site at the moment. It is a map of the world and it pinpoints where in the world people are looking at the site. It is really addictive! In one day people from America, Germany, Holland, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Northern Africa, Japan, Philippines, Pakistan, Malaysia, Canada, Sweden and Australia had all been looking at what I get up to in my tiny garden in Inishowen!

JOIN IN THE CHAT

If you are not too busy doing the Christmas shopping why don’t you join us on the forum site on http://www.inishindie.blogspot.com/ Together we can put Inishowen on the gardening map!


No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails