Thursday 29 November 2007

WATCH THE WALLET


I had a bit of a scare last week. I went into my local supermarket to get a few bits and bobs. It wasn’t until the following morning when I looked in my pocket that I realised that my wallet was missing. I searched high and low thinking that there was no way that I could loose such an important item. The car got a total clear out under the seats and I checked the pockets at least twenty times to make sure that it wasn’t in the jacket. Its not until something like this happens that you realise just how many important things that are kept in a wallet. I had my driver’s licence, cash cards, cash, credit cards, telephone numbers and even a condensed copy of my family tree. The thought of having to cancel all of the credit cards and reordering a drivers licence put me in a bit of a tizzy. So close to Christmas as well, my life seemed to be turned upside down. The wallet thankfully turned up but the incident made me realise just how important the contents of a wallet are and how they need to be kept very close to you especially at this time of the year when consumerism reaches fever pitch.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails