Friday 30 November 2007

ICY WIND



COLD COLD COLD!
The first reason I mention the cold is that just as that icy weather came in on the east winds last week our central heating decided to stop working. (I was going to bed with a hat on to keep my ears warm!) We have also been trying to keep the rabbit a bit warmer too. I don’t know if all rabbits are as daft as ours but he never seems to go into his hutch. If it’s raining, snowing or a gale force wind he just sits there open to the elements. Because of this we decided to bring him indoors for a while to allow him to thaw out. Bad idea, with three cats about and a jealous dog he was soon back outside in his run (he was a bit smelly too). I’ve done my best to insulate the run with cardboard and a tarpaulin sheet and so far he is still wet and with us.


The cold has got into the polythene tunnel too over the last few days. I have obviously had a frost in there because of a few tell tale signs. The money plants, which are succulents, have gone mushy, and the tops of all the potato plants have wilted and died. These plants were supposed to give me some tasty new spuds on Christmas day. It’s very strange because I have borage and marigolds still in flower in the garden. I would have thought they would be the first to go. Whilst we’re on the subject of frost, don’t forget to put the frost sensitive pots in a sheltered place to prevent them from cracking.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails