Wednesday 2 May 2007

OSTEOSPERMUM CASUALTY


Last weeks cold and frosty weather was a great excuse for me to ignore the jobs to do in the garden and perfect the art of sledging down steep hills on an empty compost bag. I did let my children have a few turns as well and I’m slowly coming to terms with the fact that I’m not as bendy as I was, but there’s still a few good years in me yet before I hang up my bag and give my kids a free run.
When the snow and frost cleared there were a few plant casualties in the garden. The Osteospermum that flower all summer had died down to ground level. Some Osteospermum are frost hardy, but the deep purple ones that I have are best grown as annuals, so I’m happy that cuttings had been taken earlier on in the month and are alive and well in the tunnel. Frost did get into the tunnel though and my Cineraria plants that were in there have been destroyed. I was under the impression that they were frost hardy, but I’ve been proved wrong, thankfully, everything else in there didn’t suffer.


Horticultural.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails