Thursday 10 May 2007

ME AND MY MOTOR - SHANE CAREY














Name: Shane Carey

Car: 2001 Volkswagen Beetle 1.6


Shane works at Cavanaugh’s petrol station in Greencastle. His VW Beetle is meticulously maintained and there is even a replica baby VW on the dashboard.

How long have you had the car?
Two years.





Any plans to change?
Not at the moment. Although saying that I have a four month old child so things might have to change as the car is only a two door.





Is it reliable?
Yes, very.





Best thing about the car?
The colour. I like the black and think that the brightly coloured beetles are a bit over the top.





How often do you wash it?
Nearly every day! I don’t like the car being dirty and I make good use of the fact that I have access to a pressure washer.





If you were the minister for finance what would you do to help motorists?
The cities have bus lanes and cycle paths. In rural areas I think we should have tractor lanes to keep the traffic moving.





What would you really like to be driving around in?
A Porsche 911. The VW beetle is said to be the poor man’s porsche, so I’m half way there!








Motoring.




No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails