Friday 13 April 2007

BEFORE YOU GO


FAMOUS LAST WORDS


Of course nothing can save us from the inevitable, here are what a few people said in their last breaths


Oscar Wilde. "Either that wallpaper goes, or I do."

"I feel nothing, apart from a certain difficulty in continuing to exist.” Bernard de Fontenelle (1657-1757), French philosopher.

"Why, I did not know we had quarrelled" Henry David Thoreau, when asked by his aunt if he had made his peace with God.

“We are all full of weakness and errors; let us mutually pardon each other our follies it is the first law of nature. Voltaire

Pancho Villa, Mexican revolutionary leader:” Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something”

Gen. John Sedgewick: Union commander in the American Civil War, shot at the Battle of Spotsylvania Court House in 1864 while looking over a parapet at the enemy lines "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist...”

"I'm looking for loopholes" W.C. Fields when asked why he was reading the Bible on his deathbed.

And finally, the inevitable “I knew that this would happen.” Ivan Hernandez


Environmental.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails