Monday 21 April 2008

5 MINUTES WITH - SUSAN LOGUE


Susan works as a producer and heavy metal show presenter with Inishowen Community Radio. She joined the ICR team as a volunteer back in 2003 and became a fully-fledged member of staff in 2005. Susan really enjoys the busy and dynamic atmosphere in ICRfm and is loves working in the media.

Susan is currently making some documentaries for the Broadcasting Commission for Ireland (BCI) through ICR. As well as all this she is still finding time to write music and put together band reviews for an American online magazine called SIN.


What have you been downloading on your iPod?
Getting back into 'Down' at the minute, an American heavy metal supergroup. I interviewed them last month and went to see them in the Ambassador last week. They were fantastic.

What would you never throw away?
I never throw anything away, I’m a complete hoarder.

What book are you reading?
I love cheesy horror books and right now I’m reading Stephen Kings 'Rose Madder', definitely not for the faint hearted.

Have you been to the cinema recently, what did you see and was it any good?

The most recent movie I’ve seen was the new 'Rambo' and I have to admit it was fantastic!! Stallone still has it….

What section of the newspaper do you turn to first?
Celebrity gossip pages every time. I research and present the celebrity gossip section on the ENTI programme here at the station on a Saturday afternoon so its a great excuse to read up on all the juicy stories during work.

What is your idea of a good night out?
A few beers in the house with friends, then out to catch some live music then back to a house party until the early hours.

Most embarrassing moment of your life?
I walked into a pole in the middle of a busy street...yes it does happen!!!

What is your idea of a great meal?
With family and friends and a nice bottle of wine..or two.

Have you a favourite TV programme?
It has to be Sopranos, one of the best television shows I’ve ever watched, my dad bought the whole series and now I’m a complete addict!

How do you relax?
With a glass of wine, or a spot of polercise, but not both at the same time…. trust me!


What job did you want to do when you were a child?
I always wanted to be a vet until I saw a cow give birth…. not pretty, and put me right off.

Where would you like to go for your holidays?
A road trip across American in a soft- top Cadillac with good friends and good tunes.

Your idea of heaven?
Getting paid to do something I love.

Your idea of hell?
Having no mobile phone and no Internet.

What famous people would you invite around for dinner and why?
They would all probably be my favourite musicians like Jimmy Bower, Iggy pop, Phil Anselmo, Nick Cave, Dez Farfara, Rob Zombie and Josh Todd….now that would be one hell of a dinner party!

Favourite animal?
I’ve always been a dog person.

Biggest fear?
Getting old!

Biggest thrill?
I recently abseiled 135ft for charity and I’d have to say it was a thrill and a half.

Personal philosophy?
Work hard, party harder.

What is your idea of a good night in?
A good night in would be with my boyfriend and good friends having a drink and a laugh or watching a scary movie.

Which period in history would you most like to have lived through?
Well I know what decade I’d like to have lived through and that’s the 60s for definite….I’m a hippy at heart.

World’s most useful invention?
GHD hair straightners. That’s such a girly thing to say.

Any last words?
Always

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails