Saturday 26 January 2008

WISDOM OF THE WORLD-WEEK 3


A TEACHER PRAYS

(Based on 1 Corinthians, Ch:13)

If I could explain everything perfectly to my students but do not love them, I might be talking to an empty room.

If I could buy every kind of education aid, but do not have love for my students, my money would be wasted.

Love is patient, when it is necessary to repeat a concept over and over again to a student who is having difficulty.

Love is kind, when an irate parent accuses and berates other teachers or me, and I do not retaliate in anger.

Love is not jealous, when another teacher has an entire class of well-behaved and intelligent children and mine are not.

Love is not proud, when my students improve greatly and tell others how much they love and enjoy my classes.

Love does not scream at my class when they misbehave, but helps them understand the importance of self-discipline.

Love does not broadcast my student’s problems to others, parents or even my family members, but remains discreet.

Teaching methods, textbooks and other technological aids will eventually be discarded, but love will remain forever.

These three things I have learned through TEACHING: diligence, patience and LOVE, but the greatest of these is LOVE

Author unknown

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails