Tuesday 18 December 2007

IT ALL STARTED WITH A LOST DOG





A little over seven years ago I lost my dog on the shorefront in Buncrana. Thankfully she turned up again, but not before I popped into the Inish Times office to put in a lost Dog notice. There I met Kevin Callaghan, the then owner of the paper, who suggested it might be a good idea to do a local weekly article on gardening as the topic wasn’t covered at the time. I accepted straight away and have enjoyed writing the articles ever since. In that time I have seen the newspaper grow from a fledgling copy to the thick tabloid that it is today.

But like all good things my time with the paper has come to an end. A decision has been made by River Media and it is now time for me to hang up my gardening gloves and spade for the last time.

I have learnt so much being involved with the keen horticulturalists of Inishowen. Meeting all types of very inspirational gardeners with all manner of techniques to get the most from their plot.

I would also like to wish my successor all the best for the future and hope that they get as much out of writing for the paper as I have.

KEEP IN TOUCH
If you would like to keep in touch with local gardening issues, I have set up a Forum page called Up The Garden Path on my Inishindie blogsite. If you have any questions or think you can contribute to the topics in any way, then please pay me a visit!

I would love to hear from you.




No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails