Saturday 2 June 2007

A STROLL IN THE GARDEN -TERESA MCFEELY









Teresa McFeely from Ballyliffen is in the gardening spotlight this week. Teresa has a real eye for beauty and scale in the garden and her garden features and finely maintained shrubs highlight her artistic talents. Teresa has won the Best Garden Award at the Clonmany Tidy Towns competition for the last two years running. The gardens, with their fabulous mountain backdrop are also a favourite place for wedding photographs to be taken.


How long have you been working on the garden?
20 years, since the house was new.

What is your favourite plant?

The Camellia, I have three different varieties in the garden and they all grow extremely well even though the garden is exposed.

What is your favourite feature in the garden?
There are lots of features that I love but my favourite has to be the grotto that I had built recently.

What is your favourite season and why?
Spring is lovely with all of the new growth. I also like May/June because that is when the glorious deep red roses come into bloom in the garden.

What work gives you the most pleasure in the garden?

Everything! But I do particularly enjoy weeding and cutting back.


Any irritations in the garden. How do you cope?

Moss on the lawn is a problem. I scarify it and brush sharp sand in which seems to help.

What is your best gardening tool?
I have an extendable hoe, which proves very useful.

Top Tip for spring?
Start weeding early and keep on top of them and they won’t be a problem.


Any plans for the future?
I am planning a wishing well and an area for my grandchildren to play.



Horticultural.

No comments:

Other stories

Related Posts with Thumbnails